What has SAMUHA NEPAL, former TEAM NEPAL, done till date?
- SAMUHA NEPAL, former Team Nepal, has been distributing Scholarship to the underprivileged but deserving students studying in different schools in the valley, every year.
- Medical Aid for treatment of an 8-month-old daughter of Shanti Kumari Lo of Sukaura VDC, ward 4, Makawanpur, whose face was severely burnt in an accident while playing.
- Blood Donation Campaign organized twice in the premises of Kasthamandap Temple in 2008 & 2009, twice in Bhugol Park, Newroad in the year 2010 and once at Narayan Gopal Chowk, Maharajgunj in 2011, in association with Nepal Red Cross Society, Central Blood Transfusion Service Centre.
- Felicitation of Centennial donors on the occasion of 2552nd Buddha Jayanti on 19th May 2008.
The year 2008, SAMUHA NEPAL, former Team Nepal, first started Blood Donation Campaign on the auspicious occasion of 2552nd Buddha Jayanti at Kasthamandap Temple. The programme was inaugurated by Gynecologist and Chairman of Om Hospital & Research Center (P) Ltd, Dr. Bhola Rijal in the presence of other guests. Then after, the campaign has been given continuity as the part of the annual programme and continuously helping the people in collecting the blood. Besides donation, SAMUHA NEPAL believes in spreading awareness as well as awards the personalities in the field of blood donation. SAMUHA NEPAL, on its First Blood Donation Campaign, felicitated six donors who had done their 100th donation. The organization itself has organized the donation for the fifth time till date. You don’t have to be a doctor to save lives, JUST DONATE BLOOD.
- Cultural Programme organized at Tribhuvan University Auditorium Hall on 12th September 2009, to establish Education Fund for Underprivileged.
- Free Dental Check-up Programme organized in Phutung on Tuesday, 29th December 2009 and in Tokha on Tuesday, 26th January 2010 in association with Dental Department of Kathmandu Model Hospital.
- Introductory as well as Felicitation Programme organized on 15th May 2010 in Jagatsundar Bwonekuthi, Chagal, with the main purpose of introducing the organization in its area and to felicitate well-wishers. The programme was inaugurated by the Chief Guest, Sn. Con. Gynecologist and the chairman of Om Hospital & Research Center (P) Ltd., Dr. Bhola Rijal in presence of other guests like Advocate Mr. Sushil Kumar Pant, social worker Ms. Dil Shova Shrestha and Chairman of A-one Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd. as well as social worker Mr. Dharma Bhakta Balla Shrestha. Around 45 organizations/institutions and individuals were felicitated in the programme. Life Membership Certificates were also presented to the Life Members by the Chief Guest. On the same day, the scholarship letters were also distributed to 6 students of different schools in the valley. Two members of the Advisory Committee were also presented the Certificate of Gratitude. The programme concluded with some refreshments.
- Participated in Public Awareness Rally organized by Liver Foundation Nepal on 19th May 2010 to mark World Hepatitis Day 2010.
- Participated in Awareness Rally organized by Blood Donors’ Association Nepal (BLODAN) on 7th June 2010 to mark World Blood Donors’ Day 2010.
- Distribution of clothes to old people and orphans living in Old Age Management/Social Welfare Trust, Soaltee Mode, Ravibhawan, Kathmandu on 7th August 2010.
- SAMUHA NEPAL, former Team Nepal, organizes Inter School Contest to bring the students under one platform. The Inter School Essay Writing Contest was organized on 14th August 2010 at St. Xavier’s School, Jawalakhel in association with Rotaract Club of Lalitpur and Himalayan Book Readers’ Club on the occasion of International Year of the Youth 2010/11. Later the organization took the initiation to continue the contest in the year 2011 too. In 2012, Junior Inter School Team Nepal Art Contest was also organized along with Senior Inter School Team Nepal Literary Contest. In 2013, Pre-Primary Inter School Team Nepal Fancy Dress Contest was also organized along with the two contests. Similarly, on 9th August 2014 (24th Shrawan 2071), SAMUHA NEPAL organized Inter School Team Nepal Art Contest – III and Pre-Primary Inter School Team Nepal Fancy Dress Contest – II at St. Xavier’s School, Jawalakhel with 155 students from 36 different schools in the Art Contest and 75 students from 12 different schools.
- Distribution of Educational Materials for Charity to Shram Jyoti Public School, Attarkhel, Boudha, a school where the children of labourers study in a very nominal fee, on 22nd February 2011, on the occasion of their Second Parents’ Day organized in the school premises. Similarly, on 10th May 2014, SAMUHA NEPAL, former Team Nepal, organized a programme at Sujal Café and Sofa Restaurant, Tripureshwor and distributed school bags and other stationeries to Shree Udaya Primary School, Dang and Shree Bhalchandra Secondary School, Kavre
- Distribution of clothes in Old Age Home On Saturday, 7th August 2010 (22nd Shrawan 2067), the members of SAMUHA NEPAL, former Team Nepal, visited Old Age Management/Social Welfare Trust at Soaltee Mode, Rabibhawan, Kathmandu to distribute clothes to old people and orphan children living there.
- Free Women‘s Health Check-Up Programme On Saturday, 7th January 2011 (23rd Poush 2068), SAMUHA NEPAL, former Team Nepal, organized Free Women’s Health Check-Up Programme, jointly with Lions Club of Kathmandu, Bhrikuti, in association with Valley Maternity Nursing Home (Pvt.) Ltd. and in coordination with Ichhangu Paropakar Daan Bibagh Sakha at Ichhangu V.D.C. Altogether 103 women from the village aging 16 to 90 were benefited from the programme. Medicines were also distributed free to the patients.
- Free Health Check–up Programme On 29th to 31st August 2012 (13th to 15th Bhadra 2069), a three day Free Health Check-up Programme was organized at The Chandbagh School premises, Bansbari. The programme was focused to have a thorough health check up of the students of the school. More than 800 students were benefited by the programme. The programme was held in association with Green City Hospital, Basundhara.